Top tips for making the most of those holiday deals!
If you’re starting to plan a holiday, whether it’s sunshine getaway or a quick city break, here are some tips to get you started and make the most of the great holiday deals out there.
- Often the best deals are to be had at the start and end of the holiday season. The temperatures tend to be in the 20s but you avoid the peak season prices driven up by hard core sun-seekers and families restricted by school holidays. Click here to read our blog post about when to find the best holiday deals.
- Book as early as possible to get the lowest priced air fares. You will also get the most of the early booking discounts from hotels and apartments and you’ll have the widest choice of accommodation available. Our experience shows that the people who book their summer holidays the previous December and January save an average of 16% compared to those who book later (see our blog post about early booking savings here). They also secure the accommodation they want for key dates before it gets booked up.
- Take advantage of low deposits, beware! Some low deposits only cover your accommodation and you are expected to pay for you flights up front and in full. At ClickandGo our deposit can be as low as €1 per person and covers your entire holiday including flights, transfers and accommodation.
- Be flexible. If you travel midweek you can save an average of €40 to €50 on weekend prices. Flights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday tend to be cheaper than weekend flights.
- Always check for credit and debit card charges as these can add nasty surprises to the cost of your holiday and are often not added until the very last step of your booking. At ClickandGo there are no extra debit or credit card charges, so no nasty surprises.
- For peace of mind, always book with a licensed and bonded travel company. That way you can be confident that any money you may have paid is fully protected. In Ireland, the Commission for Aviation Regulation licence travel companies. (ClickandGo’s licence number is TA0700). ClickandGo is also licensed and bonded to sell holidays from Belfast under the UK’s Civil Aviation Authority’s ATOL 9373.
- It’s good to talk! If you need any advice or guidance, ClickandGo’s team are on hand to help and really know stuff. The office is open 7 days a week to help you with any questions before or after you book. We’re an Irish company with offices just off Pearse Street in Dublin 2 and can be reached at email@example.com or 01-639 1699.
Finally, thanks to everyone who has booked with us and helped us become the fastest growing travel company in Ireland. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the future and we also look forward to arranging many more holidays for people who have yet to experience the price, value and service we offer at ClickandGo.com!