6 Things to Do along Orlando’s International Drive
Orlando’s International Drive runs all the way from Universal Theme Park down to Walt Disney World. It’s filled with hotels, restaurants, bars and things to do. If you need a break away from the bustling theme parks, this is a brilliant place to go.
These are our top picks of things to do…
I-Drive NASCAR Kart Racing
This indoor racing track is the place to go to get an adrenaline rush and release your inner competitiveness. With over 12 turns and karts that reach up to 45km/h (45km has never felt so fast!), this racing track will leave you wanting to go again and again.
If racing isn’t for you, there’s also bowling, pool tables and arcade games galore to entertain you.
Prices are from $18.99 for adults and $16.00 for kids.
The Escape Game
Put your problem-solving skills to the test in Orlando’s Escape Game. These 5 intricately designed escape rooms will make you frustrated, excited and get your brain working to the maximum as you race against the clock.
The different rooms available are:
- The Heist: Work against the clock to recover a famous piece of art that has been stolen
- Mission Mars: You’ve landed on Mars. You have 60 minutes to repair your spacecraft for a return to Earth before fatal radiation hits the planet.
- Gold Rush: Find a missing prospector’s secret stash of gold before the mob
- Classified: You’re a group of military personnel working on a high-stakes mission to foil a major international attack
- Prison Break: It’s 1955 and you’ve been sentenced to life in prison, but can you escape your cell?
Prices are $31.99 per person or $37.99 per person for Mission Mars.
International Drive is home to two fantastic mini-golf courses: Lost Caverns and Pirate’s Cove.
Lost Caverns is an adventure across mountains, waterfalls and into lost caverns to discover hidden artefacts. It’s $12 per adult and $10 per child.
Pirate’s Cove brings pirates to life with sunken ships, pirate dungeons and tropical vegetation. Prices are $13.50 per adult and $11.95 per child (both plus tax).
Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
Step back into a story that happened over 100 years ago at the Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition where you can immerse yourself in their 20,000 sq ft interactive museum and see:
- “Little Big Piece,” 3-ton section of the Ship’s hull and the second largest piece of Titanic ever recovered
- Full-scale recreations of her Grand Staircase, First Class Cabin, Veranda Cafe and more
- Toch an iceberg to experience how cold it really was
- Over 400 artefacts
- Get the history of the Titanic from Captain Smith
Prices are $21.95 per adult and $15.75 per child.
Improv Comedy Club
Laugh the night away at Improv Comedy Club! Improv’s clubs, dotted around America, have a long history of launching the careers of many comedians such as Lily Tomlin, Jerry Seinfeld, Adam Sandler and more.
Have a few drinks, get some food and make sure to stay out of the heckle zone and you’re sure to have a hilarious night!
Ticket prices range from $10-$50 and for certain shows you can even get a dinner package.
ICON Orlando 360
At ICON Orlando 360, there is a wealth of attractions just waiting to entertain you like:
- ICON Orlando Observation Wheel
- Orlando StarFlyer
- SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium
- Madame Tussauds
- SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology
- Arcade City
- 7D Dark Ride Adeventure
But what to choose!? Our favourites have to be the Observation Wheel that reaches 400ft with stunning views of Orlando, the StarFlyer where you can watch Orlando whizz by as you feel the wind in your hair and the SEA LIFE Aquarium which has everything from sharks to mermaids!
If you’re considering a holiday to Orlando, we have accommodation along International Drive as well as in the Disney and Universal theme parks.