Top Things to Know about PortAventura World Reopening
As Spain begins to reopen its borders and welcome back tourists, so do its amazing attractions. The largest theme park in Spain, PortAventura World, opened its doors to the public on May 15th. It has invested €5million in health and safety measures and has plenty of new shows and experiences for its returning guests.
Here’s everything you need to know…
What’s open in PortAventura World?
PortAventura World consists of 3 different parks:
- PortAventura Park
- Ferrari Land
- Caribe Aquatic Park
On May 15th, both PortAventura Park and Ferrari Land opened, while Caribe Aquatic Park will be reopening on the 23rd of June.
What new attractions are opening in PortAventura World?
From the 29th of May, all street entertainment and shows will return including Bang Bang West and Aves del Paraíso. From the 23rd of June, you’ll see Big Bird, the most iconic member of Sesame Street during your visit. Or, you can go down to the swamp and have a meet and greet with everyone’s favourite ogre, Shrek.
To kick off the 2021/2022 football season, there’ll be a new virtual game called ‘The Beat Challenge’ at LaLiga Twentynine’s restaurant. This is a new immersive experience that will transform any football fan’s experience of PortAventura World.
If you need a sugar hit after exploring all the rollercoasters and attractions the parks have to offer, make sure to visit the new Sweet House by Nutella in the Far West.
What health and safety measures are in place in PortAventura World?
PortAventura World has made a substantial investment of €5 million to ensure its parks are of the highest standard for health and safety. It has received recognition from the “Safe Travels” initiative, which is the first global stamp on safety and hygiene for travel and tourism.
During your visit to PortAventura World, you can expect the following measures to be in place:
- Mandatory wearing of face masks while in the park for everyone aged 6+
- Social distancing of 1.5m will be implemented throughout the parks
- Hand sanitising stations are in place at the entrance to the park, attractions, shops and restaurants
- The use of contactless payment is both preferred and recommended
- If staying in one of PortAventura’s hotels, you’re encouraged to check in online
- There will be reduced capacity in each park and at all the attractions to adhere to social distancing guidelines
How can I make the most of my visit to PortAventura World?
A great tool for your next visit to PortAventura World is its app. Easily downloaded to your Android or iPhone, this app makes planning your time in the park so much simpler. Through the app, you can:
- Book table service restaurants and view the menus
- See waiting times for the attractions
- Use the augmented reality distance meter, to check the distance between you and other people nearby
- Favourite all the attractions you want to go to
- See a map of the park so you don’t get lost
- View any promotions that are on in the parks
If you want to know more about PortAventura World, check our Guide to PortAventura World.
Are you excited to visit?