Destinations / Mexico / Xcaret
State: Quintana Roo
Currency: Mexican peso, US $ is widely accepted.
Time Difference: -6 hours
National Bird: The Golden Eagle
Situated in the heart of the Riviera Maya, 75 kilometres south of Cancun and close to the resort of Playa del Carmen, Xcaret is home to one of the largest eco-archaeological theme parks in the region. Holidays to Xcaret are extremely popular because of its breath-taking natural beauty, from the lush green vegetation of the jungle to the turquoise ocean waters and white sandy beaches of the coastline.
There's so much to do on an Xcaret holiday, with activities for the whole family.The rich Mayan history is reflected in the range of cultural attractions on offer, including the Mexican Cemetery, Pre-hispanic Performances, Sacred Mayan Journey and Mexican Folk Art Museum.
The area is a natural conservation zone for hundreds of exotic species of animals, plants and marine life. The park also has an open-air spa, numerous restaurants bars and cafes, a wine cellar, souvenir shops. So come and explore the natural beauty and ancient culture of the Mexican Caribbean! We offer a wide range of accommodation including 'All inclusive' packages at the onsite Occidental Grand Xcaret hotel.
Top 5 Family Activities:
- Dolphin Ride – experience dolphin handshake, kisses and a push over the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- Sea Trek – Use the Sea Trek® helmet to breathe underwater and discover the underwater secrets of Xcaret Park.
- Snuba Family – explore the underwater depths with innovative Snuba® breathing equipment.
- Coral Reef Aquarium – discover the wonders of marine life with interactive exhibits showing over 5,000 organisms.
- Giant Turtle Pond – learn about sea turtles in this unique turtle nesting site.